Orange-Glazed Ham Kabobs
- 24 1-inch fully cooked ham cubes, about 1-1/2 pounds
- 2 medium oranges, pared and cut into eighths
- 1 large green bell pepper, cut into 16 pieces
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into 16 pieces
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
Alternately thread three ham cubes, two orange pieces, 2 green pepper pieces and 2 red pepper pieces on each of eight skewers. Spray vegetable oil over cooking grates on grill to coat. Prepare grill for medium-low heat. Combine orange juice, tomato paste and ginger; mix well. Place kabobs on grill and cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Baste with sauce. Turn kabobs and continue to grill for about 5 minutes more, basting with remaining sauce until ham is heated through.
Leftover ham? Lucky you. Try this innovative dish using ham. Serve with couscous and sugar snap peas.